Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ghost Moment

I had one of those moments last night.

One of those moments when you know you are holding the baby, but for some reason, you hear the baby making sounds from across the room.

One of those moments when the baby is clearly in your arms, for you are holding your arms as if there is a baby in them, but the baby is clearly making noise from across the room.

One of those moments, one of the many moments of confusion, when your sleep deprived brain is still attempting to help the baby who is already asleep and in his bassinet across the room to go to sleep while you lie in bed sleeping too.

Mommy woke me up to ask if I wanted to pick him up out of the bassinet. I was confused because even though I can hear him from across the room, I'm pretty sure I'm holding him.

It takes me a moment. Mommy asks me again. I'm not confused anymore, just holding a bundle of air, and I swing my legs out of bed to head over to pick up the real baby.

No comments: