Friday, April 11, 2008

Each moment

So many times, Mommy and I almost fell into the trap of "I can't wait 'till."

I can't wait until she can walk.
I can't wait until she can talk more.
I can't wait until . . .

For the most part, we steered clear of those thoughts. At times, when the odious words slipped past our lips, we immediately chastised ourselves. Therefore, we relished, and still relish, every moment of her life. Everyone feels his child is the most amazing, the best, but Tahlia truly is amazing, and we are so thankful that we have her.

--

The first time it was easy. All we had to think about was Tahlia. Every moment was new with her, so celebrating those moments were easy.

We're trying to keep the same mentality with the second.

I'll be honest, though. I liked when we used to be able to sleep.

No comments: