Monday, April 28, 2008

A different view

It's interesting to see what you see.

I'm downstairs bouncing. Asher is before me, and I'm attempting to put him down for the first leg of tonight. The first leg, for me, is always the hardest. He especially hates me now. When Mommy puts him down, he seems not to hate her as much, but for me, I am sure it is a feeling of loathing.

The exercises ball, blue and bouncy, gives the right momentum to the night, and for once, he is asleep prior to Tahlia's bedtime. I am to be rewarded with the preverbal turkey -- Asher asleep by my hand and time with Tahlia.

But for now, I am as blind as you are; my imagination the only sight I have.

You'll have to imagine the bathroom. It is a guest bathroom -- a sink, a toilet, a bathtub and shower. Everything is yellow, for, everything in our house is yellow. Don't imagine white trim, for it is yellow too. It's an ordinary shower curtain -- possibly white, for it is so ordinary, even though it is in my house, I don't know what color it is.

Tahlia has recently climbed out of the tub. Mommy is drying her right now. The color of the towel is probably blue. And all I hear is giggling. All I hear is:

Tahlia: giggling -- first low, then high pitched, a little muffled, "Mommy, Mommy." It is rushed and urgent, but gleeful
Mommy: "Yes Tahlia." There is playfulness in her voice. It is very quiet. Almost a secret.
Tahlia: more giggling, then full blown laughter. It lasts for about fifteen seconds, then returns to giggling. "Mommy, no Mommy." A begging for more.
Mommy: "Ok." I see her starting to move in again for some type of tickling. "I just need to dry your toes."
Tahlia: A crescendo of squeals and laughter. "Mommy, Mommy." Her face is smeared with a smile -- her mouth is open.
Mommy: a quiet giggle, a small laugh. She too is smiling. Her eyes bright.
Tahlia: "Mommy, I'm naked" Naked is more Neck-'ed. More giggling.
Mommy: "You're naked?" Happily, I imagine she continues drying her off -- I'm wrong as I hear soft raspberries flutter down the stairs.
Tahlia: "Mommy, Mommy," The second Mommy is always more urgent than the first. " I'm naked, and cold." I imagine Mommy pulls her close for a big snuggle. They both smile.

They're out of the bathroom, and I hear romping in Tahlia's room.

Asher is asleep now. I have to go. There must be naked running.

No comments: