Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A long time ago

“Daddy, why do I wear Dora?”

“What?” I really don’t understand. I think she has said Dora, but I’m not sure.

“Why do I wear Dora?”

“Tahlia, did you say Dora?” She doesn’t watch T.V. to really know who Dora is. The only way she really knows is from some pull-ups she used to wear.

“Yeah.”

“What do you mean?”

“Daddy, why do I wear Dora diaper?”

“Are you talking about the night-time-panties that you used to wear?” When Tahlia was at the end of her potty training, the last vestige was having her wear Dora Pull-ups at night. During that time, she never had an accident, and after a while, we realized that we were wasting money by having her wear expensive “panties” that she never used.

“Yeah. Why did I wear diapers.”

“Tahlia, those were big girl panties; they weren’t diapers. How do you remember that?” She hasn’t worn them in almost a year.

She smiles, and continues reading her book, as she sits on the potty.

No comments: