Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bouncing on the Ball

Jesse and Devra are visiting. They came to Charlottesville to go to a wedding, but we invited them to stay at our house as we recently had the basement finished.

The three of us, Devra, Jesse, and I, are sitting in the living room. Mommy is putting Tahlia to nap, and I am talking to our guests about this and that. Both of their eyes are focused on me, and even though I am holding Asher in my arms, I can tell that I am starting to lose their attention.

It really isn't their fault. Asher doesn't want to sleep. He never wants to sleep. Recently, we've found great success by bouncing on a big blue exercise ball. It is a miracle, and we sometimes wonder if people around the nation use these balls more for exercise or for helping infants fall asleep. Sometimes, when bouncing on the ball, I begin to feel a little sleep, that is usually when I switch to the rocking chair. I think that if I was looking at me, I'd have trouble focusing.

I look away from my guests to notice that, at this very moment, Asher's eyes have started to droop, and as if there was a broadcast in our home, I could tell that Jesse's and Devra's eyes also wanted to droop and that they too, would love to be lulled to sleep.

Fortunately, Mommy comes down stairs, and their attention is drawn away from the bouncing man in the middle of the room.

No comments: