Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Addition to old phrase

It just started recently.

I was standing on a deck when she ran over to me. She grasped my khaki covered legs in a full bear hug, as children often do. The force of the squeeze was magnified by the words,

"I dove you sooooo much."

That was Sunday.

Today, while looking over the dinner table at her little brother who was sitting in Mommy's lap, she lets him know,

"I dove you, Attah; I dove you so much."

You can't stop. You put your hand to your mouth. You smile. And you feel all of the love that floods out of this child. The force of the expression shows that they are not just words, not just a mimicking of things heard and repeated. The exhilaration of the statement lets you know it comes from her heart, a heart full of love.

No comments: