Sunday, June 8, 2008

Back

I've been away. Most people would call this: dealing with an infant. If it was only that, I think I'd have written.

School ended. Mommy and Daddy are back to being a team to deal with these two little ones.

Quick update:
Asher is now three months, or, for some reason, twelve weeks old. I used to scoff at people who would state the age of their child by the number of weeks, but, somehow, I became brainwashed, and now, I too state the age of my child by weeks. Well, not for Tahlia. She is two. She has been two since February, when she turned two. She'll be two until she is "almost two and a half." Then she'll be two and a half. Next, she'll be almost three . . . you understand.

Asher is growing. He started grabbing for things about a week ago. He smiles all of the time and almost laughs. He squeals. He is not sleeping well, but is out of our room. Now we make a quick march down the hall to take care of him in the night. He wakes between two and three most mornings, then . . . he wakes. There really is no rhyme or reason to his waking, he just does. Sometimes he makes it to almost six. Last night he woke at 1:30, then 2:30 then 4:00 then 5:00 then 6:30. For the most part, we try to have Daddy go to him at night because if Mommy goes, he often wants to feed, no matter what. Daddy, however, is not always the best at waking up. Last night I told Mommy to just give the kids something to read, and they would be fine. It wasn't until Mommy was very angry, started shaking me, and almost yelled, "Wake up!" that I had any idea about what was happening -- even then, I barely understood.

Tahlia is still great. I have a back log of entries -- look for them in the next week. There will be many.

No comments: